If you are aspiring to work as a dermatologist in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, you will need to pass the saudi license exam for dermatology (Dermatology SLE) under the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCFHS).
After passing the examination, you will need to do the Registration procedures with scfhs.
Dermatology Saudi Prometric Examination pattern and duration
The test will be in a multi-choice format. There will be 150 multiple-choice questions, and it will take 3 hours to complete the exam.
Dermatology specialist minimum eligibility requirements
The candidate must have postgraduate degree in Dermatology (MD/DNB) with 2 years of experiences.
Steps to apply
1.Dataflow of your documents
2.Create mumaris plus account
3.Enter classification pathway
4.Choose your speciality as dermatology
5.Get eligibility number
How to book examination
Visit Prometric website >here<.
1. Papulosquamous and Eczematous Dermatitis 13%
2. Urticaria, erythema, purpura and connective tissue diseases 8%
3. Vesiculobullous disorders 5%
4. Adnexal, hair,nails and mucous membranes diseases 5%
5. Metabolic, systemic diseases and disorders of dermal connective tissues and subcutaneous fat 8%
6. Infections 8%
7. Cutaneous neoplasms 14%
8. Pediatric Dermatology 10%
9. Procedural Dermatology 9%
10. Skin Manifestations of Other Diseases 5%
11. Pigmentary disorders and Photodermatosis 5%
12. Patient Safety 5%
13. Professionalism and Ethics 5%
The passing score needed for Dermatology SLE is 65% as per SCFHS for the position registrar.
Books to study
1.Goldsmith, Lowell A, et al. Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology in General Medicine. Latest Edition, vol. 2, McGraw Hill Professional.
2.Bolognia, Jean L, et al. Dermatology. Latest Edition, Gulf Professional Publishing.
3.Wolverton, Stephen E. Comprehensive Dermatologic Drug Therapy. Latest Edition, Elsevier Health Sciences.
4.Professionalism and Ethics, Handbook for Residents, Practical guide, Prof. James Ware, Dr. Abdulaziz Fahad Alkaabba, Dr. Ghaiath MA Hussein, Prof. Omar Hasan Kasule, SCFHS, Latest Edition.
5.Essentials of Patient Safety, SCHS, Latest Edition.