Going to work as a plastic surgeon in Saudi arabia?Well,you need to clear plastic surgery Saudi licensing examination conducted by Saudi Commission for health specialities. After passing your exam you need to register in the scfhs database.
Plastic surgery Saudi licensing examination pattern and duration
For plastic surgery licensing you need to clear Prometric examination.The Test will be in a multi-choice style. There will be 150 multiple-choice questions, and the test will take three hours to finish.
1. Wound Repair and Integument 5% 2. Anaesthesia, Critical Care, Transplant and Immunology 5% 3. Burn 10% 4. Head, Neck and Craniomaxillofacial 15%
5. Upper Extremity 15% 6. Lower Extremity 15% 7. Genitourinary System and Trunk 15% 8. Breast 10% 9. Patient Safety 5% 10. Professionalism and Ethics 5%
More read:How to get eligibility number for saudi prometric/Pearson vue exam.
The passing score needed for plastic surgery prometric examination is 70% as per SCFHS.
Books to study
1. Plastic Surgery by Stephen J. Mathes and Vincent Rod Hentz, Latest Edition
2. Green’s Operative Hand Surgery, Latest Edition
3. Plastic Surgery by Peter C Neligan, Latest Edition
More read:Gap in professional practice the scfhs rules you must know.
4. Selected readings in plastic surgery, Latest Edition.
5. Essentials of Patient Safety, SCHS, Latest Edition
6. Professionalism and Ethics, Handbook for Residents, Practical guide, Prof. James Ware, Dr. Abdulaziz Fahad Alkaabba, Dr. Ghaiath MA Hussein, Prof. Omar Hasan Kasule, SCFHS, Latest Edition